This morning I saw Babel, starring Brad Pitt and Adriana Barraza.
Here are ten things I learned by watching it:
1. Don't go on vacation to an undesirable place just because your spouse wants to go.
2. Don't leave children unattended with rifles.
3. Seek counseling for any person who finds the dead body of their suicidal parent.
4. Being deaf is difficult.
5. If you're an immigrant and you want to work in the United States, become a legal citizen.
6. Don't drink and drive.
7. Don't provoke border guards.
8. Don't stand for political red tape getting in the way of your welfare when traveling abroad.
9. Always have a backup babysitter.
10. Don't run from your problems, even if they're difficult to deal with (i.e. accidental death of a child).
What's funny is that I knew all of the above before I sat through this movie.
We're all supposed to learn how to communicate with one another to achieve harmony in this world. Point taken.
This better not win Best Picture.