Since it's not an officially "complete" cut of the film, my review will be preliminary bullet points:
- Sonia is definitely a worthy subject of her own documentary.
- The pieces about the Holocaust, though strong, feel discombobulated in places.
- It feels as though many sections of Sonia's life are under-represented, while too much time is devoted to her career.
- It would have been great to see her interacting more with her kids/grandkids instead of the majority of the interviews being separate.
- The brief animations are great.
- I want a sequel to see what happens next in Ms. Sonia's colorful life.