Most Americans are aware of the liberal-leaning Supreme Court Justice who has adapted the nickname "Notorious RGB," but few probably know all that she's accomplished in her 80+ years on earth.
Here are just a few things she's done:
- Became the second female justice ever appointed to the Supreme Court.
- Was one of just a dozen women at Harvard Law School.
- Graduated first in her law school class at Columbia.
- Nursed her husband through cancer.
- Raised two children.
- Was a professor at Rutgers School of Law.
- Was a volunteer lawyer for the ACLU before becoming one of its General Counsels.
- Survived cancer (twice).
- Co-founded the first law journal to focus exclusively on women's rights.
The list goes on.
This charming film mixes interviews with Justice Ginsburg, her family, journalists, politicians, friends and foes with archive footage from her illustrious career to tell her entire story (so far).
Despite her age, you get the sense she's just getting started and I can't think of a more inspirational role model for women to spotlight.
A simply perfect film.